Mr. Rush has only one day left to paint his house before Autumn arrives when Mr. Clumsy calls on him and offers to lend a helping hand. In an attempt to rid himself of this ill-times assistance, Mr. Rush sends him on an impossible mission; but the idea isn't as clever as sends all that because Mr. Clumsy soon returns, thrilled to bits at having found the obscure record dreamed up by Mr. Rush and impatient to play it to him. The music booms so loudly that it makes all the leaves drop off the trees and they stick to Mr. Rush's freshly painted house. Poor Mr. Rush! All that work for nothing! Luckily, Mr. Clumsy was able to convince Mr. Rush that it wasn't so bad after all, and that he could change the name of his house to Autumn Cottage!
- Geoffrey Palmer - The Narrator
- Jill Shilling - Little Miss Chatterbox
- Gordon Peters - Mr. Clumsy, Mr. Rush, Mr. Pots
- Len Carlson - Mr. Clumsy, Mr. Pots
- Alyson Court - Little Miss Chatterbox
- Neil Crone - Mr. Rush
- Ron Rubin - The Narrator
- Because the colours in this episode are darker and brighter than in later episodes, Mr. Rush is a darker and brighter shade of purple in this episode. This also happens in Mr. Funny Puts on a Show, as it uses footage from this episode. Several of the other characters are a different shade as well. Little Miss Chatterbox is a darker and brighter shade of pink in this episode than in the later episodes. There are several other slight colour differences as well.