- "What a calamity!"
- — Miss Calamity's catchphrase
Little Miss Calamity
4 February 2008
Little Miss Calamity is a Little Miss who was created for the The Mr. Men Show. Miss Calamity is almost always in trouble. Normally, the trouble starts with something normal, then something goes terribly wrong. In the end, anything that starts out right is completely in shambles. She always ends these troublesome moments with her catchphrase, "What a calamity!" In the US version she has a Brooklyn accent and in the UK version she has a Lancashire accent. Miss Calamity hosts a television show of her own called "Driving with Miss Calamity" in the episode “Car Wash”. Miss Calamity has her hair in a flip design and she has a dark green nose and also wears white sneakers just like Mr. Small does in his new show design and is also the same orange colour as Mr. Small is in his new show design. She also owns a bakery as shown in the episode, “Restaurants”. She has a nice white house which dangles dangerously off a cliff and is barely supported by a few wooden beams. She is accident-prone like Mr. Bump and Mr. Clumsy and very unlucky. Her last appearance on The Mr. Men Show is in the episode, “Ships”. In the episode, “Trees”, a realistic looking golden statue of her is shown for a short while when Mr. Noisy, Little Miss Helpful and Little Miss Chatterbox are trying to decorate Mr. Quiet's treehouse with some ornaments. She is voiced by Aline Mowat (UK) and Prudence Alcott (US), respectively. In the French version, she is called Madame Calamité.
- Gender: Female
- Colour: Orange
- Lives: She lives in a very nice white house that dangles dangerously off a cliff with wooden beam supports to support it in Dillydale
- Friends: Possibly Little Miss Daredevil, Little Miss Helpful, Mr Happy and a few other Mr. Men and Little Misses
- Dislikes: Things going wrong, having accidents and calamities
- Likes: Flowers and cute things
- Shape: Rounded rectangle
- Rivals: Mr. Rude and Mr. Stubborn
- Nationality: Lancashire (UK) Brooklyn (US)
In the Japanese version, she is called サイナンちゃん.
- First Appearance: Flying
- Last Appearance: Ships, Trees (as a statue)
- So far, Miss Calamity was the only character seen going to the bathroom in the episodes, Trains and Construction.
- When she touches machines, things go wrong.
- Her UK voice is similar to Mrs. Hedgehog from The Animals of Farthing Wood.
- She accidentally ran over Mr. Bump in the episode Mall, when she was sitting on a vibrating chair with a red warning button on it and it got completely out of control with a mind of its own and the reason for that was it was all because Little Miss Helpful forgot to warn her not to press it.
- Like Mr. Bump, she is clumsy and gets hurt.
- She was also like Mr. Nervous and because she got scared like him.
- She was one of the few characters who wore shoes in the show, some of the other character that wear shoes in the show are Mr. Small (he has the same shoes as her), Mr. Tall (he wears similar big brown shoes to Mr. Noisy), Little Miss Magic (she wears sparkly fuchsia Mary Janes), Mr. Funny (he wears clown shoes with red toes and heels, because he is a clown), Mr. Fussy (he wears neat and tied dark brown pointed shoes), Mr. Rude (he wears small light brown and dark brown shoes which replaced his black top hat), Mr. Noisy (he wears big brown boots which he walks around in like an elephant), Little Miss Chatterbox, Little Miss Helpful (she wears similar shoes to Little Miss Chatterbox's shoes, only her shoes have green toes and heals), Little Miss Daredevil (she wears white Evel Knievel-style rocket boots), Mr. Nervous (he wears black and white shoes which look a lot more different to any other characters' shoes) and Mr. Messy (his shoes are similar to Little Miss Chatterbox's shoes, only his shoes have dirty blue toes and they are also untied).
- In the episode, Snow, she was a reporter on Good Morning Dillydale and she she got hurt and she was also a reporter in the episode, Games too and she got injured and she ended up with having lots of bandages around parts of her body like Mr. Bump does and she had a pair of crutches.
- Her friends were Mr. Bump, Mr. Nervous, Mr. Quiet, Mr. Strong, Mr. Messy, Mr. Scatterbrain (who saved her life in Boats), Mr. Tickle, Little Miss Whoops and Little Miss Helpful.
- She was one of the few Mr Men and Little Miss characters that believed that Mr Rude has bad manners and acting rude in the beginning while the cotton candy was everywhere and was insulted when Mr. Rude said she ought to shave before going to work after she ended up with a cotton candy beard on her face and she recognised that Mr Rude was acting rude in Fair.
- Her house fell down the edge of the cliff which was where her house was located on in the episode, Heatwave after her remote controlled ceiling fan went out of control and sliced through the wooden beams that supported it to the cliff and she also had a garden gnome that broke.
- She was seen with Mr. Bump in the episodes, Restaurants and Night and unfortunately for the both of them, they both got hurt.
- In the episode, Rainy Day, Mr. Persnickety (Mr. Fussy) called her a bad luck charm.
- She looks similar to Little Miss Curious and she sounds like her in the US version of The Mr. Men Show and they both have a rounded square shape, they both have high pitched voices and they both have Brooklyn accents in the US version of The Mr. Men Show and they both have similar hair flips on the fronts of their heads. Little Miss Calamity has a brown hair colour and Little Miss Curious has a blonde hair colour with a question mark shaped ponytail with a dark blue bow.
- In the episode, Circus, she was shown riding a bike on a tight rope high in the air and then she flew out of the circus tent and Mr. Bump saved her on his horse.
- In the song, Beach'n With The Boom Box, she, Miss Whoops and Miss Chatterbox all fell in love with Mr Strong with red love hearts over their heads.
- Although she didn't appear in Season 2, in the Season 2 episode, Trees, she left a realistic looking golden statue that looks like her behind.
- She was seen with Mr. Messy in the episodes, Birthday and Dillydale Day.
- She wore a towel on her head in the episode, Rainy Day after she got wet and in her plot in the episode, Flying, she wore a bonnet which at one point, it flew away from her and then she and then she got it back.
- She was one of the many characters who might have or might not have cared that Mr. Bump gets hurt.
- She was seen with some of the characters (except the Season 2 characters, Mr. Funny, Mr. Tall, Miss Bossy, Miss Magic, Miss Giggles and Miss Curious who haven't been seen with her so far because of her absence from Season 2. However, in "Little Miss Sunshine Here Comes the Sun!" by Viz Media, she is seen with Mr. Tall).
- She hung out with Miss Scary and Mr. Tickle a lot in the episodes, Sightseeing and Parade.
- Her USA voice is similar to that of Wanda from Fairly Oddparents.
- Series director Mark Risley confirmed that the reason she was excluded from the second season is because Chorion didn't like her. 
- He also confirmed that she was inspired by Olive Oyl from the Popeye cartoons.
- Even though she was not in Season 2, she made a cameo in "Little Miss Sunshine Here Comes the Sun!" and she had a speaking appearance in "Mr. Strong Good Thing I Came Along!"
- In "Collecting" it's said that she doesn't like frogs, but in "Boo-Boos" she has a pet frog.
See Counterparts Wiki.
- ↑ https://www.deviantart.com/percyfan94/art/Mr-Men-Show-Q-and-A-with-director-unofficial-649701092
- ↑ https://www.deviantart.com/percyfan94/art/Questions-on-Mr-Men-Show-exclusive-characters-692555206
|The Mr. Men Show Characters|
| Season 1 Characters|
Little Miss Sunshine • Little Miss Naughty • Little Miss Scary • Mr. Lazy • Mr. Nervous • Mr. Messy • Mr. Quiet • Mr. Stubborn • Little Miss Helpful • Mr. Bounce • Mr. Small • Little Miss Chatterbox • Mr. Per(s)nickety (Mr. Fussy in Season 2) • Mr. Grumpy • Mr. Nosey • Mr. Scatterbrain • Mr. Happy • Mr. Bump • Mr. Rude • Little Miss Whoops • Mr. Noisy • Little Miss Calamity (Season 1 Only) • Little Miss Daredevil • Mr. Strong • Mr. Tickle