Little Miss Contrary
14 July, 1984
Little Miss Contrary always says the opposite of what she really means. She lives in Muddleland. One day, she gets an invitation from Mr. Happy, inviting her to his birthday party. She arrives the day before his birthday, but Mr. Happy takes her around to see all his friends anyway. Due to being contrary, she calls Mr. Greedy "thin", says Mr. Tickle has "short arms", and says she likes Mr. Fussy's "beard". When her visit with Mr. Happy is over, she said she had a "dreadful" time, when she actually means she had a great time. At the end, Roger Hargreaves said Little Miss Contrary would say the end is the "beginning" of the story.
International publications & translations
This is a list of alternate titles for this book being published internationally.
- Madame Contraire (French)
- Unsere Gerda Gegentil (First German Release)
- Miss Gegenteil (German)
- 相反小姐 (Taiwan)
- Η Κυρία Αντίθετη (Greek)
- ひねくれちゃん (Japanese)
- Mała Buntowniczka (Polish)
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
Title character other appearances
This is a list of other books that the title character has appeared in.
- Mr. Brave
- Mr. Perfect
- Little Miss Busy-Body
- Little Miss Fabulous (with pink hair, a yellow nose, and blue skin)
- That's Enough, Little Miss Bossy (TV)
- Mr. Jelly's Show of Bravery (TV)
- A Weekend with Little Miss Contrary (TV)
- A Rival for Little Miss Somersault (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Noisy the Music Man (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Skinny's Incredible Bet (TV)
- Jill Shilling (Mr. Men and Little Miss, UK)
- Catherine Disher (Mr. Men and Little Miss, US)
- She invited Little Miss Wise to her house once.
- In Mr. Men and Little Miss, she lived in Nonsenseland, not Muddleland.
- Even though Little Miss Contrary is the twenty-first book in the Little Miss series, she is placed twenty-ninth in the Little Miss Library, after Little Miss Fun which was the twenty-ninth book in the Little Miss series, though she is placed twenty-eighth in the Little Miss Library.
- According to the website, she says her favorite food is pizza. Which means it's something salad-like.
See Counterparts Wiki.
Mr. Men and Little Miss Screenshots