- "Poopity poop!"
- — Mr. Bump, The Mr. Men Show
10 August 1971
- 1 About him
- 2 Story
- 3 International publications & translations
- 4 List of characters
- 5 Title character other appearances
- 6 Mr. Bump Loses his Memory
- 7 The Mr. Men Show
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Times when Mr. Bump gets hurt
- 10 Gallery
- 11 External links
- 12 References
- Color: Blue
- Shape: Round
- Gender: Male
- Personality: Accident-prone, Long-suffering, Haphazard, Poor, Disorganized, Liability, Legally responsible, Easy-Target, Unlucky, Clumsy, Abused, Injured, Klutzy, Failing, Jinxed, Bumpy, Weak, In Pain, Gawky, Daffy, Overwhelmed
- Hair: None (Book), Red (The Mr. Men Show)
- Family: Little Miss Whoops (sister)
- Friends: Mr. Strong, Little Miss Helpful, Mr. Tickle, Mr. Grumble (sometimes), Mr. Worry, and the rest of the characters
- Height: Normal Mr. Men height
- Weight: Average, Moderate
- Rivals: Little Miss Trouble, Mr. Grumble, Mr. Stubborn, Mr. Tickle (sometimes)
- Job: Various accidents
- Features: Bandages around the body.
- Likes: Protecting
- Dislikes: Getting hurt, having accidents, his own clumsiness
- Nationality: South East English (UK) Southern American (US)
- Voice Actors: Arthur Lowe (1975-1978), John Alderton (1983), Gordon Peters (Mr. Men and Little Miss), Neil Crone (US Dub), Paul Greenberg (The Mr. Men Show), Simon Greenall (UK Dub), Yuuki Ono (Japanese Dub)
- Catchphrase: "Poopity poop!" and "You'll never learn!"
Poor Mr. Bump - he’s always covered in bandages and has horrible accidents. He just can't avoid bumping into things.
He attempts to fix a loose chimney pot on the roof of his house, which goes horribly wrong when he tries to use a long ladder and ends up smashing all of the windows of his house. On account of his accident-prone nature, he has been cost many jobs.
He goes on holiday to a seaside by train and several things happen to him, like getting his foot stuck in a bucket and falling into a hole shortly after.
While on holiday, he has a great idea of an ideal job to do: being an apple picker in Mr. Barley's apple orchard. Instead of using a ladder to pick the apples, he just wanders around the orchard and bumps into the trees, which knocks all the apples off the trees which he then catches.
International publications & translations
This is a list of alternate titles for this book being published internationally.
- Mr. Hergwd (Welsh)
- Monsieur Malchance (French)
- Unser Herr Schussel (German)
- Don Pupas (Spanish)
- Sr. Chicharrón (Latin American Spanish)
- Meneertje Pech/Meneertje Bots (Dutch)
- Senhor Trambolhão (Portuguese)
- Ο Κύριος Σκουντούφλης (O Kyrios Skountouflis) (Greek)
- Fætter Bumle (Danish)
- Herr Dumpidump (Norwegian)
- Herra Skellur (Icelandic)
- Mr. Cnap (Irish)
- Pan Siniaczek (Polish)
- Мистер Бум (Russian)
- 意外先生 (Yìwài xiānshēng) (Chinese)
- ドジドジくん (Japanese)
- 꽈당씨 (Kkwadagssi) (Korean)
- מר בום (Mar Boom) (Hebrew)
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
- Mr. Barley
- Farm Dog
- Farmers Wife (mentioned)
Title character other appearances
This is a list of other books that the title character has appeared in.
- Mr. Birthday
- Mr. Bump and the Knight
- Mr. Christmas
- Mr. Fussy
- Mr. Worry
- Mr. Jelly (cameo on TV)
- Mr. Bounce (cameo on TV)
- Little Miss Birthday
- Little Miss Christmas
- Little Miss Hug
- Little Miss Naughty
- Little Miss Princess
- Little Miss Scatterbrain
- Little Miss Selfish
- Little Miss Shy
- Little Miss Somersault
- Little Miss Trouble
- Little Miss Whoops
- Little Miss Splendid and the Princess
- Mr. Bump Loses his Memory
- A Very Happy Day For Mr. Happy (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Bump Goes on a Trip (TV)
- Mr. Tickle Saves The Day (TV) (cameo)
- What a Mess Little Miss Helpful (TV)
- Mr. Silly's Silly Secret (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Bump Has an Accident (TV)
- Little Miss Wise's Crazy Day! (TV)
- He.... Hello Little Miss Shy (TV)
- Mr. Funny Puts on a Show (TV)
- Hello, Pizza Express? (Mr. Busy) (TV)
- Mr. Grumble's Holiday (TV)
- Little Miss Busy: D.I.Y. Teacher (TV)
- Little Miss Sunshine Brings a Smile (TV)
- Mr. Clever's Daft Bet (TV) (Flashback)
- Mr. Impossible's Lesson (TV)
- Another Victory for Little Miss Splendid (TV)
- Mr. Worry and the Giant (TV)
- Little Miss Late Beats Them All (TV)
- Little Miss Star Goes to Jollywood (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Chatterbox Finds her Calling (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Noisy the Music Man (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Helpful Goes To The Fair (TV)
- A Big Surprise for Mr. Mean (TV) (cameo)
- Happy Birthday Little Miss Scatterbrain (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Chatterbox and the Parrot (TV) (cameo)
- A Special Friend For Little Miss Lucky (TV)
- The Christmas Rescue (TV, Intro Only)
- The Christmas Letter (TV, Cameo)
Mr. Bump Loses his Memory
In a book of the Mr. Men Library, Mr. Bump appeared in a new book - Mr. Bump Loses His Memory - in which he falls out of his bedroom window and bumps his head, promptly causing him to lose his memory. He is told, by Mr. Muddle that his name is, in fact, Mr. Careful, causing our confused Mr. Bump to try several jobs for which great care is needed, such as carrying eggs and delivering milk in glass bottles. His memory is restored when he walks into a tree... and then he promptly falls into a river and got bumped.
The Mr. Men Show
In the 2008 TV series The Mr. Men Show, Mr. Bump is the show's de facto mascot, appearing on the series' title card and making an appearance in almost every single episode.
He kept his looks except he is a darker shade of blue and one stripe of his bandage is gone (However the third bandage missing was a common gag in the books and older cartoons).
He is always having accidents often non-bump related, e.g. accidentally being cleaned in a car wash. His accidents are also much more over the top compared to the books. Little Miss Whoops (and sometimes Little Miss Helpful) is most often the cause of his accidents.
He lives in a square house with a black chimney and a bandaged roof. Mark Risley states that while it was never mentioned in-series, Mr. Bump and Little Miss Whoops are still siblings, with Mr. Bump being the older sibling. He lives next door to his sister in a bandaged-up house. 
Mr. Bump's accent in the UK is Southeast English, and Southern-American in the U.S. In the US and UK Versions, he is voiced by Paul Greenberg (credited as Aaron Albertus) and Simon Greenall, respectively.
His catchphrases are "Poopity-poop!" (Occasionally "Poopity-poo!" in the UK dub) (referring to his situation) and "You never learn!" (talking to himself).
- He can be found in capsules, but it is considered rare.
- In several depictions (i.e. the US dub of Little Miss Trouble's story and the UK dub of The Mr. Men Show), he has a deep sounding voice, in a few others however (i.e. the US dubs of Mr. Men and Little Miss and The Mr. Men Show), he has a somewhat higher pitched voice.
- In Little Miss Naughty's story, he was seen without his bandages. This was removed on TV due to the nudity, and was replaced by an expensive restaurant scene that she made Mr. Mean pay for.
- He is Adam Hargreaves' favorite Mr. Men.
- He is not good at DIY in the older cartoons, mostly shown in Little Miss Busy: D.I.Y. Teacher, but in The Mr. Men Show, he seems to be good at construction and fixing things, as seen in Jobs, Construction, Garages, Clocks, and briefly in Books.
- Strangely, in Little Miss Trouble's story, he is shown to bump people. This is the only time he's been shown to do so.
Mr. Men and Little Miss trivia
- He is very fond of Mr. Grumble because he thinks being around him prevents accidents. In Mr. Grumble's Holiday, he said that he owed Mr. Grumble his life.
The Mr. Men Show trivia
- First Appearance: Physical
- Like Mr. Grumpy and Mr. Small, his favorite food is liverwurst sandwiches, as mentioned in Beach.
- He seems to be close with Mr. Strong, despite him usually not noticing when Mr. Bump gets hurt.
- He doesn't get hurt in Food.
- Mr. Bump appears in every episode except for Washing & Drying and Bath & Bubbles. He and Mr. Grumpy are the only two characters to appear in 102 episodes.
- He can only be seen for a split second in Hats when driving his car during Mr. Stubborn's plot.
See Counterparts Wiki.
Times when Mr. Bump gets hurt
- Opening Theme-He falls off the plane courtesy of Miss Whoops and lands in the logo of their show.
- Physical-Gets hit by ski lift chair, gets in a big snowball and hits a tree, gets crushed by a barbell.
- Boos Boos-Flies out of the window and crashes into Mr. Strong, gets hit by the disco ball, and gets crushed by the hospital bed.
- Farm-Gets hit by a haystack, gets run over by the wagon of haystacks.
- Movies-Ceiling light hits him on the head, gets hit by pile of goo, and gets hit by a door, courtesy of Mr. Lazy.
- Science-Gets eaten by the venus fly trap and gets hit by a flower in a flower pot.
- Lake-Gets eaten by a big fish, crashes into Mr. Small's and Mr. Nosey's boat, and crashes into a buoy.
- Books-Gets turned into a book and gets hit by a bookshelf.
- Beach-Gets pinched/bitten by a lobster and gets hit by a blimp.
- Boats-Falls down.
- Mall-Ceiling plant falls on his head twice and gets flattened by the relaxing chair that Miss Calamity is on.
- Flying-Hits the tail of a plane and falls from the sky.
- Hobbies-Gets stung by bees and gets hurt by a python.
- Dance-Gets kicked in the rear by Miss Naughty. (Funny, huh?)
- Inventions-Gets hit (by accident) by Mr. Persnickety, and hits a lamppost.
- Fair-Gets hit by mallets, courtesy of Mr. Stubborn, Mr. Strong, and Miss Calamity.
- Camping-Gets crushed by a tree, courtesy of Miss Whoops and falls down and hits a rock.
- Amusement Park-Gets hit by a chair that Miss Whoops is sitting in and falls down.
- Trains-Gets trapped in an umbrella, hits a pole, falls off bridge, and falls off the part of the train.
- Paint-Falls from the sky and lands in a can of paint, gets run over by Mr. Grumpy, and gets crushed, along with Mr. Grumpy.
- Fish-Being taken away by a fish and being slapped by salmon.
- Adventure-Trampled by an elephant twice and falls from the sky.
- Construction-Gets hit by a piece of wood courtesy of Miss Helpful and Mr. Stubborn, gets stuck in the roll of plans, gets paint splattered on him, and gets hit by a paintbrush.
- Snow-Hits a tree and gets run over by Miss Whoop's snow plough.
- Canned Goods-Gets toppled over by cans and gets put into a can...
- Jobs-Gets carried off by Miss Daredevil's dogs, gets run over by a steamroller, and gets hit by a piano multiple times.
- Gardens-Gets Cactus pines on him twice and gets a cactus fallen on him. (You'll never learn...)
- Collecting-Gets first aid kits fall on him.
- Chores-Gets hit by a shovel, falls down with the ladder, and his rain gutters fall on him.
- Restaurants-Dishes topple over him and he goes into the dish washing machine.
- Music-Part of the ceiling falls on him and a string on the harp whips him.
- Full Moon-Gets run over by bats.
- Night-Gets salt in eyes (bad luck), gets hit by a salt shaker (bad luck), and gets hit by a cup.
- Food-Slips on a banana peel and bumps into Mr. Persnickety's car.
- Bugs-Gets whacked by Mr. Strong, Miss Sunshine, Mr. Nervous, and Mr. Grumpy mistaken as a bug/insect.
- Cooking-Looks likes he's about to be cooked.
- Rainy Day-Sinks in mud.
- Heatwave-Gets blown away by Mr. Strong.
- Sleep-Flower pot falls on him.
- Yard Work-Gets stung by bees.
- Parade-Mr. Strong hits him with his trombone and gets hit by a baton.
- Games-Gets hit by a ping-pong ball and gets sent into outer space.
- Superstore-Gets a tire fallen on him and gets run over by Miss Whoop's sweeper.
- Hotel-Gets bags topple over him.
- Birthday-Gets bitten by a lion and gets stung by bees.
- Car Wash-Gets water sprayed on him courtesy of Miss Naughty and goes through the car wash without a car and gets covered in wax.
- Wildlife-Gets pooped on him by lazy flamingos, gets squashed by a lazy Great Cape Buffalo, and gets eaten and spit out by a lazy Great White Alligator.
- Dillydale Day-Gets whipped by Miss Chatterbox's ukulele strings and gets sucked into the machine.
- Cars- Hits his head on Mr. Scatterbrain's windshield, gets hit by the airbag, and pecked by a chicken.
- The Dark - Continuously falls down the stairs.
Artwork from the Mr. Men Show
|The Mr. Men Show Characters|
|Season 1 Characters|
Little Miss Sunshine • Little Miss Naughty • Little Miss Scary • Mr. Lazy • Mr. Nervous • Mr. Messy • Mr. Quiet • Mr. Stubborn • Little Miss Helpful • Mr. Bounce • Mr. Small • Little Miss Chatterbox • Mr. Per(s)nickety (Mr. Fussy in Season 2) • Mr. Grumpy • Mr. Nosey • Mr. Scatterbrain • Mr. Happy • Mr. Bump • Mr. Rude • Little Miss Whoops • Mr. Noisy • Little Miss Calamity (Season 1 Only) • Little Miss Daredevil • Mr. Strong • Mr. Tickle