- — Mr. Bump, The Mr. Men Show
6 (UK and US)
August 10, 1971
- 1 About him
- 2 Story
- 3 International publications & translations
- 4 List of characters
- 5 Title character other appearances
- 6 Mr. Bump Loses his Memory
- 7 The Mr. Men Show
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Times when Mr. Bump gets hurt
- 10 Gallery
- 11 External links
- 12 References
- Colour: Blue
- Shape: Round
- Gender: Male
- Personality: Happy, accident-prone, long-suffering, haphazard, poor, disorganised, liable, legally-responsible, easy-targeted, unlucky, clumsy, abused, injured, klutzy, failing, jinxed, bumpy, weak, in-pain, gawky, daffy, overwhelmed
- Hair: None (Book), red (The Mr. Men Show)
- Family: Little Miss Whoops (sister)
- Friends: Mr. Strong, Little Miss Helpful, Mr. Tickle, Mr. Grumble (sometimes), Mr. Worry, and the rest of the characters
- Height: Normal Mr. Man height
- Weight: Average, moderate
- Rivals: Little Miss Trouble, Mr. Grumble, Mr. Stubborn, Mr. Tickle (sometimes)
- Job: Various accidents
- Features: Bandages around the body
- Likes: Protecting
- Dislikes: Getting hurt (physically and emotionally), having accidents, his own clumsiness
- Nationality: South-East English (UK) South-American (US)
- Voice Actors: Arthur Lowe (1975-1978), John Alderton (1983), Gordon Peters (Mr. Men and Little Miss, UK), Neil Crone (Mr. Men and Little Miss, US), Paul Greenberg (The Mr. Men Show, US), Simon Greenall (The Mr. Men Show, UK), Yuuki Ono (Japanese dub)
- Catchphrase: "Poopity-poop!" and "You'll never learn!"
Poor Mr. Bump - he's covered in bandages and has horrible accidents. He just can't avoid bumping into things.
He attempts to fix a loose chimney pot on the roof of his house, which goes horribly wrong when he tries to use a long ladder and ends up smashing all of the windows of his house. On account of his accident-proneness, he has been costed many jobs.
He goes on holiday to a seaside and several things happen to him, such as getting his foot stuck in a bucket and falling into a hole shortly afterwards.
While on holiday, he has a great idea of an ideal job to do, which was being an apple picker in Mr. Barley's apple orchard. Instead of using a ladder to pick the apples, he just wanders around the orchard and bumps into the trees, which knocks apples off the trees that he catches.
International publications & translations
This is a list of alternative titles for this book being published internationally.
- Monsieur Malchance (French)
- Unser Herr Schussel (First German Release)
- Mister Aua (Second German Release)
- Mr. Hergwd (Welsh)
- Gubben Klant (Swedish)
- Fætter Bumle (First Danish Release)
- Hr. Bump (Second Danish Release)
- מר בום (Mar Boom; First Hebrew Release)
- מר נזק (Second Hebrew Release)
- Don Pupas (Spanish)
- Sr. Chicharrón (Latin American Spanish)
- Herr Dumpidump (Norwegian)
- Meneertje Pech/Meneertje Bots (Dutch)
- Ο Κύριος Σκουντούφλης (O Kyrios Skountouflis; Greek)
- 意外先生 (Yìwài Xiānshēng; Taiwan)
- Mali Zaletavček (Slovenian)
- Mr. Bumm (Hungarian)
- Herra Skellur (Icelandic)
- Senhor Trambolhão (Portuguese, 2008)
- Senhor Desastrado (Portuguese, 2012)
- Господин Треско (Gospodin Tresko; Serbian)
- ドジドジくん (Doji-Doji Kun; Japanese)
- Mr. Cnap (Irish)
- Domnul Buf (Romanian)
- คุณชอบชน (Thai)
- 꽈당씨 (Kkwadangssi Hang; Korean)
- السيد مصادم (Arabic)
- 莽撞先生 (China)
- Мистер Бум (Russian)
- Bay Küt (Turkish)
- Pan Siniaczek (Polish)
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
- Mr. Barley
- Farm Dog
- Farmer's Wife (mentioned)
- Farm Cat (mentioned)
Title character other appearances
This is a list of other books that the title character has appeared in.
- Mr. Birthday
- Mr. Bump and the Knight
- Mr. Christmas
- Mr. Fussy
- Mr. Worry
- Mr. Jelly (cameo on TV)
- Mr. Bounce (cameo on TV)
- Little Miss Birthday
- Little Miss Christmas
- Little Miss Hug
- Little Miss Naughty
- Little Miss Princess
- Little Miss Scatterbrain
- Little Miss Show-Off
- Little Miss Shy
- Little Miss Somersault
- Little Miss Trouble
- Little Miss Whoops
- Little Miss Splendid and the Princess
- Mr. Bump Loses his Memory
- The Christmas Rescue (TV, intro only)
- Mr. Funny Puts on a Show (TV)
- He.... Hello Little Miss Shy (TV)
- Mr. Bump Goes on a Trip (TV)
- A Special Friend For Little Miss Lucky (TV)
- Little Miss Sunshine Brings A Smile (TV)
- Mr. Tickle Saves the Day (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Wise's Crazy Day! (TV)
- Little Miss Late Beats Them All! (TV)
- Another Victory for Little Miss Splendid (TV)
- A Very Happy Day for Mr. Happy (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Clever's Daft Bet (TV) (flashback)
- What a Mess, Little Miss Helpful! (TV)
- Mr. Forgetful the World's Best Actor (TV) (cameo)
- Hello, Pizza Express? (Mr. Busy) (TV)
- Mr. Impossible's Lesson (TV)
- Little Miss Star Goes to Jollywood (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Chatterbox Finds her Calling (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Busy: D.I.Y. Teacher (TV)
- Mr. Grumble's Holiday (TV)
- Mr. Silly's Silly Secret (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Chatterbox and the Parrot (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Noisy, the music man (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Helpful Goes To The Fair (TV)
- Mr. Worry and the Giant (TV)
- Mr. Bump Has an Accident (TV)
- Happy Birthday Little Miss Scatterbrain (TV) (cameo)
- A Big Surprise for Mr. Mean (TV) (cameo)
- The Christmas Letter (TV, Cameo)
Mr. Bump Loses his Memory
In a book of the Mr. Men Library, Mr. Bump appeared in a new book - Mr. Bump Loses His Memory - in which he falls out of his bedroom window and bumps his head, promptly causing him to lose his memory. He is told, by Mr. Muddle that his name is, in fact, Mr. Careful, causing our confused Mr. Bump to try several jobs for which great care is needed, such as carrying eggs and delivering milk in glass bottles. His memory is restored when he walks into a tree, but then he promptly falls into a river, and got bumped again.
The Mr. Men Show
In the 2008 TV series The Mr. Men Show, Mr. Bump is the show's de-facto mascot, appearing on the series' title card and making an appearance in almost every single episode.
He kept his looks, except he is a darker shade of blue and one stripe of his bandage is gone (However the third bandage missing was a common gag in the books and older cartoons).
He is always having accidents which often are non-bump-related (e.g. accidentally being cleaned in a car wash). His accidents are also much more over-the-top compared to the books. Little Miss Whoops (and sometimes Mr. Tickle and Little Miss Helpful) is most often the cause of his accidents.
Mark Risley states that while it was never mentioned in-series, Mr. Bump and Little Miss Whoops are still siblings, with Mr. Bump being the older sibling.  He lives next door to his sister in an olive-colored square house with a black chimney, arched windows, and a bandaged roof.
Mr. Bump's accent in the UK is Southeast English, and Southern-American in the U.S. In the US and UK Versions, he is voiced by Paul Greenberg (credited as Aaron Albertus) and Simon Greenall, respectively.
His catchphrases are "Poopity-poop!" (Occasionally "Poopity-poo!" in the UK dub) (referring to his situation) and "You'll never learn!" (talking to himself).
- He can be found in capsules, but it is considered rare.
- In several depictions (i.e. the US dub of Little Miss Trouble's story and the UK dub of The Mr. Men Show), he has a deep-sounding voice, in a few others however (i.e. the US dubs of Mr. Men and Little Miss and The Mr. Men Show), he has a somewhat higher-pitched voice.
- In Little Miss Naughty's story, he was seen without his bandages. This was removed on TV due to the nudity, and was replaced by an expensive restaurant scene that she made Mr. Mean pay for.
- He is Adam Hargreaves' favourite Mr. Man.
- He is not good at DIY in the older cartoons, which is mostly shown in "Little Miss Busy: D.I.Y. Teacher", however in The Mr. Men Show, he seems to be good at construction and fixing things, as seen in Jobs, Construction, Garages, Clocks, and briefly in Books.
- In Little Miss Trouble's story, he is strangely shown to bump people. This is the only time that he has been shown to do so.
Mr. Men and Little Miss
- He is very fond of Mr. Grumble, because he thinks being around him prevents accidents. In "Mr. Grumble's Holiday", he said that he owed Mr. Grumble his life.
The Mr. Men Show
- His first appearance was in "Physical".
- Like Mr. Grumpy and Mr. Small, his favourite food is liverwurst sandwiches, as mentioned in "Beach".
- He seems to be close with Mr. Strong, despite him usually not noticing when Mr. Bump gets hurt.
- He doesn't get hurt in "Food".
- "Washing and Drying" and "Bath and Bubbles" are the only two episodes Mr. Bump does not appear in.
- Additionally, he can only be seen for a split-second in "Hats" when driving his car during Mr. Stubborn's plot.
- He and Mr. Grumpy are the only two characters to appear in 102 episodes.
See Counterparts Wiki.
Times when Mr. Bump gets hurt
This is a list of times when Mr. Bump gets hurt.
The Mr. Men Show
- Opening Theme - Falls off the plane in the courtesy of Little Miss Whoops and lands in the logo of their show.
- Physical - Gets hit by a ski lift chair, gets in a big snowball and hits a tree, and gets crushed by a barbell.
- Boo-Boos - Flies out of the window and crashes into Mr. Strong, gets hit by the disco ball, and gets crushed by the hospital bed.
- Farm - Gets hit by a haystack and run over by the wagon of haystacks.
- Movies - Gets hit by the ceiling light on the head, hit by pile of goo, and hit by a door in the courtesy of Mr. Lazy.
- Science - Gets eaten by the Venus flytrap and gets hit by a flower in a flowerpot.
- Lake - Gets eaten by a big fish, and crashes into both Mr. Small's and Mr. Nosey's boat and a buoy.
- Books - Gets turned into a book and gets hit by a bookshelf.
- Beach - Gets pinched/bitten by a lobster and hit by a blimp.
- Boats - Falls down a boat.
- Mall - Gets a ceiling plant falling on his head twice and flattened by the relaxing chair that Little Miss Calamity is sitting on.
- Flying - Hits the tail of a plane and falls from the sky.
- Hobbies - Gets stung by bees and gets hurt by a python.
- Dance - Gets kicked in the rear by Miss Naughty.
- Inventions - Gets hit by Mr. Persnickety as an accident and hits a lamp-post.
- Fair - Gets hit by mallets in the courtesy of Mr. Stubborn, Mr. Strong, and Miss Calamity.
- Camping - Gets crushed by a tree in the courtesy of Little Miss Whoops, falls down, and hits a rock.
- Amusement Park - Gets hit by a chair that Little Miss Whoops is sitting on and falls down.
- Trains - Gets trapped in an umbrella, hits a pole, falls off a bridge, and falls off the part of the train.
- Paint - Falls from the sky and lands in a can of paint, gets run over by Mr. Grumpy, and gets crushed alongside Mr. Grumpy.
- Fish - Gets taken away by a fish and slapped by salmon.
- Adventure - Gets trampled by an elephant twice and falls from the sky.
- Construction - Gets hit by a piece of wood in the courtesy of both Little Miss Helpful and Mr. Stubborn, stuck in the roll of plans, paint splattered on him, and hit by a paintbrush.
- Snow - Hits a tree and gets run over by Little Miss Whoops' snowplough.
- Canned Goods - Gets toppled over by cans and put into a can.
- Jobs - Gets carried off by Little Miss Daredevil's dogs, run over by a steamroller, and hit by a piano multiple times.
- Gardens - Gets cactus pines on him twice and a cactus fallen on him.
- Collecting - Gets first-aid kits fallen on him.
- Chores - Gets hit by a shovel, falls down with the ladder, and gets rain gutters fallen on him.
- Restaurants - Gets dishes toppled over him and goes into the dishwasher.
- Music - Gets a part of the ceiling fallen on him and a string on the harp whipping him.
- Full Moon - Gets run over by bats.
- Night - Gets salt in eyes, gets hit by a salt shaker, and gets hit by a cup.
- Food - Slips on a banana peel and bumps into Mr. Persnickety's car.
- Bugs - Gets whacked by Mr. Strong, Little Miss Sunshine, Mr. Nervous, and Mr. Grumpy, being mistaken as a bug/insect.
- Cooking - May be about to be cooked.
- Rainy Day - Sinks in mud.
- Heatwave - Gets blown away by Mr. Strong.
- Sleep - Gets a flowerpot fallen on him.
- Yard Work - Gets stung by bees.
- Parade - Gets hit by both Mr. Strong's trombone and a baton.
- Games - Gets hit by a ping-pong ball and sent into outer space.
- Superstore - Gets a tyre fallen on him and run over by Little Miss Whoops' sweeper.
- Hotel - Gets bags toppled over him.
- Birthday - Gets bitten by a lion and stung by bees.
- Car Wash - Gets water sprayed on him in the courtesy of Little Miss Naughty and goes through the car wash without a car and gets covered in wax.
- Wildlife - Gets poop on him by lazy flamingos, squashed by a lazy Great Cape Buffalo, and both eaten and spit out by a lazy Great White Alligator.
- Dillydale Day - Gets whipped by Miss Chatterbox's ukulele strings and gets sucked into the machine.
- Cars - Hits his head on Mr. Scatterbrain's windshield, gets hit by the airbag, and pecked by a chicken.
- The Dark - Continuously falls down the stairs.
The Mr. Men Show artwork
Mr. Men (1975) Screenshots
Mr. Men and Little Miss Screenshots
The Mr. Men Show Screenshots
|The Mr. Men Show Characters|
|Season 1 Characters|
Little Miss Sunshine • Little Miss Naughty • Little Miss Scary • Mr. Lazy • Mr. Nervous • Mr. Messy • Mr. Quiet • Mr. Stubborn • Little Miss Helpful • Mr. Bounce • Mr. Small • Little Miss Chatterbox • Mr. Per(s)nickety (Mr. Fussy in Season 2) • Mr. Grumpy • Mr. Nosey • Mr. Scatterbrain • Mr. Happy • Mr. Bump • Mr. Rude • Little Miss Whoops • Mr. Noisy • Little Miss Calamity (Season 1 Only) • Little Miss Daredevil • Mr. Strong • Mr. Tickle