June 23, 1976
- Color: Pink
- Shape: Semi-circular
- Gender: Male
- Personality: Bigmouth, Indiscreet, Boastful, Non-stop, Continuous, Talkative
- Friends: Little Miss Curious, Mr Strong, Mr Happy, Mr Bump, Little Miss Sunshine and the other Mr Men and Little Misses (Even though he can be a nuisance with his constant talking)
- Occupation: Radio show host
- Family: Little Miss Chatterbox (sister), a father, a grandfather, a great grandfather (mentioned in Mr. Men and Little Miss), and an uncle (his sister mentioned this in The Mr. Men Show episode Paint)
- Likes: Talking
- Dislikes: Not having anyone to talk to
- Job: Talking a lot and never stops
- Features: Green bowler hat, blue and white sneakers
- Voice Actors: Arthur Lowe (1975-1978), John Alderton (1983), David Shaw Parker (1991), Gordon Peters (1995-1997), Len Carlson (1997-1999)
Mr. Chatterbox is a person who can't stop talking. He will talk on and on, even to himself. He talks leaving the mailman late delivering all his mail, and causing Mr. Bowler, the hatter, to come home late to cold dinner. Mr. Bowler sells Mr. Chatterbox a magic hat that will grow if Mr. Chatterbox talks too much. It grows until the bottom reaches Mr. Chatterbox's feet. Now Mr. Chatterbox talks less.
International publications & translations
Mr. Chatterbox appears under the titles
- Monsieur Bavard (French)
- Meneer Kwebbeldoos/Meneertje Kletskous (Dutch)
- 수다씨 (Korean)
- 多嘴先生 (Taiwan)
- Ο Κύριος Πολυλογάς (Greek)
- Unser Herr Quassel (German)
- Mister Quasselkopf (Second German Release)
- Herra Kjaftaskur (Icelandic)
- Hr. Snakketøj (Danish)
- おしゃべりくん (Japanese)
- Pan Gaduła (Polish)
- คุณจอมจ้อ (Thai)
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
- Mr. Bowler
Title character in other appearances
- Little Miss Bossy (On TV replacing Mr. Nosey, he loses his shoes at the end)
- Mr. Chatterbox Loses His Voice (TV)
- A Very Happy Day For Mr. Happy (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Clumsy Head Butler (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Chatterbox and the Parrot (TV)
- Little Miss Late Finally Catches Up (TV)
- Mr. Noisy the Music Man (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Shy Goes to the Fair (TV) (cameo)
- A New House for Mr. Wrong (TV) (cameo)
- In Mr. Men and Little Miss
- Mr. Chatterbox claims that wearing a green hat is one of his hereditary traits. He says that his father wore a green hat, his grandfather wore a green hat, and his great-grandfather wore a green hat.
- He broadcasts a talk show called Chatterbox Radio on 95.7 FM.
- Him and Little Miss Curious seemed like good friends, since Mr. Chatterbox would answer all of her questions, until he lost his voice and Miss Curious just left him behind saying it's waste of time to be with someone who wouldn't answer her questions.
- In earlier prints of Mr. Men Books, Mr. Chatterbox was incorrectly shown to have a blue hat on the back cover with the other Mr. Men characters.
See Counterparts Wiki.