- 'Sweet apple strudel! (UK) /Sweet Henrietta! (US)'
- — Mr. Fussy/Pernickety/Persnickety
21 (UK and US)
- Colour: Dark Green/Light Green
- Shape: Oval
- Gender: Male
- Personality: Careful, Cautious, Picky, Choosy, Particular, Fusspot
- Hair: Green
- Family: Mr. Clumsy (cousin) and 8 siblings
- Rivals: Mr. Messy (sometimes), Mr. Rude, Little Miss Naughty, Little Miss Scary, Little Miss Magic (sometimes), Mr. Noisy, Mr. Clumsy
- Friends: Little Miss Sunshine, Little Miss Neat, Little Miss Helpful, Mr. Happy, Mr. Messy (sometimes), Little Miss Trouble,
- Height: About 6 and a half feet tall
- Weight: Average
- Job: He is fussy and clean and doesn't like messy things
- Features: Toothbrush moustache, orange shoes (formerly red) (original version), handlebar moustache, glasses, black bow tie, and brown sneakers (2008 version)
- Nationality: British (US), German (UK)
- Voice Actors: Arthur Lowe (1975-1978), Gordon Peters (Mr. Men and Little Miss, UK), Len Carlson (Mr. Men and Little Miss, US dub), Joey D'Auria (The Mr. Men Show, US), Rob Rackstraw (The Mr. Men Show, UK dub)
- Catchphrases: "Sweet apple strudel!/Sweet Henrietta!" and "How revolting."
Mr. Fussy is a perfectionist. He wouldn't tolerate anything imperfect. Mr. Fussy keeps his hair combed, his mustache trimmed, his shoelaces tied and his house neat.
One evening, he is working when his cousin (from Australia), Mr. Clumsy, comes to visit. He causes chaos and at the end of his stay, everything of the house is disastrous. However, things just get worse for Mr. Fussy when Mr. Bump visits.
The Mr. Men Show
In The Mr. Men Show, he retains his yellow nose and neatly combed hair (Though it has a darker color) but is renamed Mr. Persnickety in the US broadcast and Mr. Pernickety in the UK broadcast. He now has a black bow tie, reading glasses, brown shoes, a more neatly waxed mustache that looks like a Luigi mustache, and a lime-green colored body. He lives next door to Mr. Messy in a duplex-style house. He and Mr. Messy often are at odds.
In Season 2, he retains his same looks but is darker green and his name is changed back to Mr. Fussy. His hair is deceptively the same, but it's actually now black and stringy. He thinks Little Miss Magic's popping out of nowhere is rude.
In Physical, Mr. Persnickety was a judge in the Olympic-like sport and along with the other judges, failed everyone except Mr. Strong. He later participated in the relay race. Mr. Persnickety was the last runner on orange team, but despite his early start, Mr. Quiet overtook him. Luckily, the skunk that Mr. Quiet was carrying released its stink allowing Mr. Persnickety to win.
- In some earlier prints of Mr. Fussy, his shoes are red instead of orange.
- In Mr. Mischief's book, he was seen without half of his mustache (Mr. Mischief cut one half off).
- He's the first Mr. Man with hair.
- His cousin is Mr. Clumsy.
- According to a German audio tape known as Herr Glücklich Und Seine Freunde 4, he is called Otto Ordetlich.
- According to a Mr. Men treasury released in 2015, Roger Hargreaves based him on his fussy young daughter, Amelia, who hated bits in her marmalade and liked things to be just so!
Mr. Men and Little Miss Trivia
- He has a pet parrot called Mr. Parrot.
- In the episode "Hello, Pizza Express?", Little Miss Chatterbox said that Mr. Rush is himself related to him.
- In the US dub, he has a Brooklyn accent.
The Mr. Men Show Trivia
- In his prototype design, Mr. Fussy wore a brown tweed vest. He is seen wearing it in the pinball game and the show's coloring page.
- In "Home Improvement" when he and Mr. Messy were attacking each other with Little Miss Magic's paint wand, he briefly changes into his light green color scheme from the first season.
- Additionally, he is shown in that color scheme in a group shot in "Cinema" as an error, but is quickly fixed afterward.
- In early storyboards, when Mr. Fussy goes swimming, he wears a yellow-striped swimsuit.
- While one of his catchphrases is "Sweet Henrietta," it is changed to "Sweet Apple Strudel" in the UK version where he has a German accent.
- In "Beach", Mr. Fussy (Persnickety's) feet are regular like the other Mr. Men and Little Misses, but in "Shoes", they are pointed.
- In "Beach", it's revealed that Mr. Persnickety has many bow ties at his home.
- His mouth can be shown when his moustache lifts up. (Amusement Park, Fair, Birds, Inventions, Trains, Beach).
- His frightened eyes are seen in 3 episodes in season 1 (Amusement Park, Fair, Beach).
- He is a talented piano player, as shown in "Sleep" and "Telephone". Mr. Rude rudely interrupts his concerts, though.
- He is one of the three characters to wear glasses, the others being Mr. Nervous and Little Miss Whoops.
- He is one of the three characters with some sort of tie, the others are Mr. Nosey and Mr. Funny.
- According to director Mark Risley, Mr. Fussy's voice was modeled after actor Gale Gordon.
- In Library, he became scribble shaped like Mr. Messy at the very end.
- The reason for his initial name change before being reverted was, according to Eryk Casemiro, "it sounded more alliterative".
- According to Mark Risley, the reason Mr. Per(s)nickety was changed back into Mr. Fussy was because Chorion didn't like it.
- It is revealed in The Great Alphabet Hunt that he dislikes spinach.
See Counterparts Wiki.
International publications & translations
Mr. Fussy appears under the titles:
- Monsieur Tatillon (French)
- Unser Herr Ordentlich (German, 1981)
- Mister Pingelig (German, 2010)
- Meneer Precies (Dutch)
- מר טרחן (First Hebrew Release)
- מר קפדן (Second Hebrew Release)
- Don Todoensulugar (Mexican Spanish)
- Don Pulcro (Castilian Spanish)
- 挑剔先生 (Taiwan/China)
- Herra Nostri (Icelandic)
- Ο Κύριος Επιμελής (Greek, 1994)
- Ο Κύριος Ιδιότροπου (Greek, 1996)
- آقای وسواسی (Persian, Avae Andisheh)
- آقای وسواسی خان (Persian, Panosht)
- آقا وسواسی (Persian, Ghadiyani)
- Мистер Чистюля (Russian)
- 꼼꼼씨 (Korean)
- Hr. Pernittengryn (Danish)
- Herr Pirkete (Norwegian)
- こうるさくん (Japanese)
- Pan Czepialski (Polish)
List of characters
- Mr. Clumsy (he appears in this book before his own)
- Mr. Bump (mentioned only seen in TV version of story)
Title character other appearances
This is a list of other books that the title character has appeared in.
- Mr. Mischief
- Little Miss Contrary
- Little Miss Yes
- Little Miss Birthday
- Mr. Calm
- Mr. Funny Upsets Mr. Fussy
- Mr. Strong: King of the Circus (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Fussy Takes a Well Earned Break (TV)
- What a Question, Little Miss Curious (TV) (cameo, with no shoes)
- Little Miss Late Beats Them All! (TV)
- Little Miss Neat Sees Spots (TV)
- Another Victory for Little Miss Splendid (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Tidy and the Winning Ticket (TV)
- Mr. Forgetful the World's Best Actor (TV) (cameo)
- A Job for Little Miss Giggles (TV) (cameo)
- Hello, Pizza Express? (TV) (mentioned)
- Mr. Clumsy Head Butler (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Chatterbox Goes to Seatown (TV) (with no shoes)
- Mr. Lazy Takes an Afternoon Nap (TV) (cameo, with no shoes)
- Little Miss Wise's Day Out at the Fun Fair (cameo, bald)
- Mr. Silly's Silly Secret (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Chatterbox and the Parrot (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Helpful Goes to the Fair (TV)
- Little Miss Trouble and the Magic Paint (TV)
|The Mr. Men Show Characters|
|Season 1 Characters|
Little Miss Sunshine • Little Miss Naughty • Little Miss Scary • Mr. Lazy • Mr. Nervous • Mr. Messy • Mr. Quiet • Mr. Stubborn • Little Miss Helpful • Mr. Bounce • Mr. Small • Little Miss Chatterbox • Mr. Per(s)nickety (Mr. Fussy in Season 2) • Mr. Grumpy • Mr. Nosey • Mr. Scatterbrain • Mr. Happy • Mr. Bump • Mr. Rude • Little Miss Whoops • Mr. Noisy • Little Miss Calamity (Season 1 Only) • Little Miss Daredevil • Mr. Strong • Mr. Tickle