- For the human character, see Mr. Muddle (Farmer).
- "Oh, Mr. Muddle!"
- — George
23 (UK and US)
January 1, 1976
- Colour: Green
- Shape: Oval
- Gender: Male
- Personality: Mix-up, Confused, Misunderstood, Mistaken, Chaos, Tangle, Twisted
- Family: unknown
- Friends: Mr. Wrong, Little Miss Scatterbrain, Little Miss Splendid, Little Miss Neat
- Rivals: Mr. Rude, Little Miss Naughty, Mr. Uppity
- Job: Getting everything muddled up
- Features: Red bowler hat, feet are backwards
- Voice Actors: Arthur Lowe (1975-1978), John Alderton (1983), David Shaw Parker (1991 Christmas Special), Arnold Stang (Mr. Men and Little Miss), Len Carlson (US dub)
Mr. Muddle gets the simplest things messed up. He lives in a house by the sea in Seatown. He was supposed to live in the country, but he, who built the house himself, built it wrong and in the wrong spot. One day he goes fishing with a fisherman named George and does the wrong things and they don't catch any fish. George's technique is to ask Mr. Muddle to do the opposite of what George wants, and Mr. Muddle will get it right. George gets everybody to do this, and Mr. Muddle goes home and cooks himself a muddled-up meal to celebrate.
The Mr. Men Show
He was a cameo in the episode, Boats. He was on a lifeboat when the ship sank.
Appearance: A lighter green skin color.
International publications & translations
Mr. Muddle appears under the titles
- Monsieur Meli-Melo (French)
- Unser Herr Durcheinander (German)
- Mister Wirrkopf (Second German Release)
- Don Confuso (Spanish)
- Mr. Caótico (Second Spanish Release)
- Meneer Stuntel (Dutch)
- Hr. Skuddermudder (Danish)
- Ο Κύριος Μπερδεμένος (Greek)
- Pan Splątywacz (Polish)
- 엉망씨 (Korean)
- 糊塗先生 (Taiwan)
- とんちんかんくん (Japanese)
- מר בולבול (Hebrew)
- คุณปํ้าเป๋อ (Thai)
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
- Mr. Brick
- Mr. Black
- Mrs. Scrub
- Mr. Impossible (on TV, shown in the picture frame)
Title character other appearances
This is a list of other books that the title character has appeared in.
- Little Miss Neat
- Little Miss Fickle
- Mr. Cheeky
- Little Miss Christmas
- Little Miss Birthday
- Little Miss Sunshine Keeps Her Smile (not seen)
- Little Miss Splendid and the Princess
- Mr. Mischief and the Leprechaun
- The Mr. Men Christmas (1977)
- Mr. Men - 12 Days of Christmas
- Mr. Men go to School
- Mr. Men - The New Pet
- Mr. Men in London
- Mr. Men - Ready, Steady, Bake!
- Mr. Muddle Goes Skating (TV)
- Mr. Clever Flies His Kite (TV) (does not speak)
- Mr. Silly's Silly Secret (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Chatterbox and the Parrot (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Bossy Has a Busy Day (TV)
- Mr. Tickle Saves The Day (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Helpful Goes To The Fair (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Star Goes to Jollywood (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Lazy Takes an Afternoon Nap (TV) (cameo)
- The Christmas Letter (TV)
- The Christmas Rescue (TV)
- He lives in Happyland and Seatown, but in The Christmas Letter he lived in Muddleland. (Home of Little Miss Contrary)
- He posted a sandwich instead of a letter twice, in Little Miss Neat's story and the Christmas Letter
- In the cartoon he is much smaller than in the books.
See Counterparts Wiki.