- 'MR. RUDE!'
- — Angry Heads
45 (UK and US)
3 April, 2003
- 1 About him
- 2 Plot
- 3 The Mr Men Show
- 4 Title character and other appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 People who have yelled at Mr. Rude
- 7 International publications & translations
- 8 List of characters
- 9 Mr. Rude's other appearances
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Authors
- 12 External links
- Colour: Scarlet Red
- Shape: Rounded Triangle
- Gender: Male
- Hair: None (Original version), three strands of hair (2008 version)
- Personality: Rude, Crude, Obnoxious, Blunt, Bad-mannered, Impolite, Disrespectful, Poorly-bred, Uncaring, Mean Spirited, Reckless, Cruel, Heartless, Abusive, Aggressive, Nasty, Hurtful, Mean and Psychotic.
- Family: 19 members seen (Sneezes & Hiccups).
- Friends: Mr. Grumpy (Frenemy)
- Rivals: All the other Mr. Men and Little Misses
- Occupation: Insulter, Varies
- Species: Shaped Human
- Likes: Being rude, bad manners, burping, farting, blowing raspberries, making people miserable, insulting people, making rude comments, being a nuisance, bullying
- Dislikes: Being polite, having table manners, kindness, generosity, hospitality, humility, friendship, harmony, picnics, dancing, clowns, Concerts, octopi, parties, happy people, nice people, gentlemen, proper ladies, being told what to do, nice words, Little Miss Calamity and his theme song (The Sad Story Of Brave Mr. Rude).
- Height: Normal Mr. Men height
- Weight: Below Average
- Job: Insulting people and being rude
- Features: Black top hat (original version), brown shoes (2008 version)
- Nationality: French (US and UK)
- Voice actors: Joseph J. Terry (The Mr. Men Show)
- Catchphrase: I'll give you (something) (followed by a fart). Ask me if I care!
Mr. Rude is rude to everyone he comes across. When he met a man, he says "Big Nose! With a nose like that, you could vacuum the floor!" he then pulls it, when he met someone who was overweight, he will say "Fatty! You are supposed to take the food out from the fridge, not eat the fridge as well!", he yells out rude words while he is driving and even insults Little Miss Tiny by calling her a little squirt. Mr. Happy had heard everything about Mr. Rude, and is not happy to hear that, so he goes to visit him. He made dinner and went to bed without offering any to his guest. The next day he somehow gave Mr. Happy some food and offered a bed for him. Later he wasn't rude anymore - he had good manners and a smile on his face. At the end he burped a bit.
The Mr Men Show
In the 2008 TV series, The Mr. Men Show, Mr. Rude kept his red colour, dark red nose, and shape, but he no longer wears a hat and instead a pair of brown shoes (though he was shown wearing a larger similar hat in "Cinema" and "Pets"), and has three hair pieces on his head, also his red colour is a bit more orange and his nose is more brown. He also has a French accent (A British stereotype that French people are rude). His catchphrase is "I'll give you (something)" followed by a loud fart (after which the other Mr. Men and Little Misses yell out his name). Almost all of the Mr. Men and Little Misses dislike him. He sells clocks that look just like the exterior of his house as seen in Clocks. He is the Chief Bean Taster of the Dillydale Beanery, and runs a theme park called Rudeland.
Along with Mr. Scatterbrain, he is the only character to have the same voice in both the UK and US dubs.
Title character and other appearances
- Flying (TV)
- Birds (TV)
- Dining Out (TV)
- Clocks (TV)
- Clean Teeth (TV)
- Music (TV)
- Farm (TV)
- Physical (TV)
- Hotel (TV)
- Up and Down (TV) (cameo)
- Camping (TV)
- Movies (TV)
- Bugs (TV)
- Fairies and Gnomes (TV)
- Cinema (TV)
- Skyscrapers (TV)
- Library (TV)
- Game Shows (TV)
- Canned Goods (TV)
- Full Moon (TV)
- Dance, Dance, Dance (TV)
- Dance (TV)
- Wildlife (TV)
- Fish (TV)
- Radio (TV)
- Heatwave (TV)
- Yard Work (TV)
- Robots (TV)
- Inventions (TV)
- Cars (TV)
- Snow (TV)
- Lake (TV)
- Amusement Park (TV)
- Sneezes and Hiccups (TV)
- Seashore (TV)
- Hobbies (TV)
- Surprises (TV)
- Bad Weather (TV)
- Boo-Boos (TV)
- Pests (season final)
- While it's stated that Mr. Rude became a nicer guy at the end of his story, much like other Mr. Men and Little Miss characters like Mr. Nosey, Little Miss Bossy, Mr. Chatterbox, and Mr. Messy, later appearances prove the contrary. For example, in Little Miss Chatterbox and the Frog Prince, he gets cross with Little Miss Chatterbox for holding up the queue at the butcher's and rudely yells out "Who cares!" leaving Little Miss Chatterbox feeling very upset.
The Mr. Men Show trivia
- Mr. Rude, Little Miss Scary, and Little Miss Whoops are the first characters created by Adam Hargreaves to appear in animated form.
- First Appearance: Physical
- In season 1, his farts made cartoon honk noises, possibly due to the pre-school audience the show was aimed for. In season 2 and the website, his farts sound more realistic. It is unknown why the sounds were changed.
- In Sneezes and Hiccups, it is revealed that he has identical family members.
- Like his book counterpart, he was seen wearing a tall black hat in both Cinema and Pets, however, Little Miss Magic's goat, Nutmeg, burned it to a French beret.
- Ironically, he doesn't understand French, as evidenced in Boo-Boos when Mr. Scatterbrain says "Bon Appetit" to which Mr. Rude responds with "Speak in a language I know!".
- However, he still counts in French in Post Office.
- Several episodes such as "Heatwave", "Canned Goods", "Inventions", and "Clean Teeth" do not physically show the gas after he passes it, however, other characters are aware of it.
- When he farted in Car Wash it just blew bubbles and the fart was only heard faintly.
- He had his shoes off four times (Trains, Beach, Shoes, Up and Down).
- Mr. Rude is the only character that said "murder" in the series (Books).
- On YouTube, there was a rendition of Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay sung by Mr. Rude. It had since been removed.
- He has described both Mr. Nervous and Miss Giggles as soft as something. (Physical, Amusement Park, Construction, Pirates)
- He uses described Mr. Nervous and Miss Giggles using the same comparison in Amusement Park & Pirates respectively ("soft as a grape").
- He was wearing Mr. Tall's hat in Surprises.
See Counterparts Wiki.
In The Mr. Men Show, Mr. Rude usually farts after he says "I'll give you (something)" then a character shouts out "MR. RUDE!"
- In season 1 there are usually heads of Mr. Tickle, Mr. Happy (occasionally), Mr. Bump, Mr. Small, Mr. Grumpy, Little Miss Helpful, and Little Miss Scary. (Books, Inventions, Canned Goods, Heatwave, Yard Work, Hotel, Car Wash, and Cars)
- Lake: Mr. Persnickety, but Mr. Rude didn't fart on purpose this time.
- Full Moon: Aliens
- Dance: Mr. Strong, Mr. Grumpy, Mr. Nervous, Little Miss Sunshine, and Mr. Bump
- Dillydale Day: Mr. Persnickety, Little Miss Sunshine, and Little Miss Naughty
- Sleep: Everybody
- The Website: Angry Offscreen Speakers
- Clean Teeth: Mr. Bump (falling without a parachute)
- Game Shows: Mr. Strong (while fixing a telegraph pole)
- Robots: Robot Mr. Tall, Robot Mr. Strong, Robot Mr. Scatterbrain, Robot Little Miss Sunshine, Robot Mr. Small, Robot Mr. Messy, Robot Little Miss Chatterbox, Robot Mr. Quiet (it was his robot counterpart this time) and Mr. Messy (hosting Dillydale FM)
- Up And Down: Mr. Messy (this time he burped), Little Miss Helpful and Little Miss Daredevil
- Clocks: Mr. Nosy, Mr. Small, and Mr. Fussy (it was his Le Rude Coo-Coo clock this time)
- Pirates: Little Miss Daredevil (landing on the moon)
- Telephone: Everybody in the audience (except Little Miss Bossy, who passed out because Mr. Rude's gas cloud was right in front of her)
- Home Improvement: Mr. Grumpy (in his new castle)
- Travel: The 6 heads from Season 1 (it was his roller-coaster toilet ride)
- Shoes: Mr. Bump (still flying in the rocket shoes from earlier and it was Mr. Rude's shoes this time)
- Washing & Drying: Mr. Nosy, Mr. Small, Mr. Happy, and Mr. Scatterbrain
- Sneezes & Hiccups: Mr. Strong, Mr. Bump, Mr. Messy, Mr. Nervous, Mr. Bounce, and Little Miss Sunshine (he burped again)
- Surprises: Mr. Small, Mr. Nosy, Mr. Noisy, and Mr. Quiet
- Driving: Mr. Grumpy
- Fairies and Gnomes: Fairies
- Dance, Dance, Dance: Mr. Fussy (he burped) and Mr. Nosy (while at a tea party with Mr. Small)
- Birds: Mr. Bump (While being flown by an eagle which got him earlier in the episode)
- Dining Out: Angry Offscreen Speakers (possibly the angry heads judging from the voices), Mr. Tickle (He burped again) and The Narrator (He burped again)
International publications & translations
This is a list of alternate titles for this book being published internationally.
- Monsieur Mal-élevé (French)
- Mister Rude (Italian)
- Herra Ruddi (Icelandic)
- מר כעסן (Hebrew)
- Mr. Drochbhéasch (Irish)
- しつれいくん (Japanese)
- 粗鲁先生 (China)
- 無禮先生 (Taiwan)
- คุณหยาบคาย (Thai)
- 무례씨 (Korean)
- Мистер Грубиян (Russian)
- Mr. Grosero (Spanish)
- Mister Unverschämt (German)
- Senhor Malcriado (Portuguese)
- Hr. Strid (Danish)
- 粗魯先生 (Cantonese)
- آقای بیادب خان (Persian, Panosht)
- آقا کوچولوی گستاخ (Persian, Gohar Danesh)
- بیادب آقا (Persian, Ghadiyani)
- Herr Uhøflig (Norwegian)
- السيد شرير (Arabic)
- Ο κύριος Αγενής (Greek)
- Bay Kaba (Turkish)
- Pan Wredota (Polish)
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
Mr. Rude's other appearances
These are other books that Mr. Rude appears in.
- Little Miss Sunshine and The Wicked Witch (he became a frog)
- Mr. Men - A Trip to the Moon
- Mr. Men - Adventure with Superheroes
- Mr. Men in Paris
- Mr. Men in Ireland
- Little Miss Sparkle
- Little Miss Inventor
Artwork from the Mr. Men Show
|The Mr. Men Show Characters|
|Season 1 Characters|
Little Miss Sunshine • Little Miss Naughty • Little Miss Scary • Mr. Lazy • Mr. Nervous • Mr. Messy • Mr. Quiet • Mr. Stubborn • Little Miss Helpful • Mr. Bounce • Mr. Small • Little Miss Chatterbox • Mr. Per(s)nickety (Mr. Fussy in Season 2) • Mr. Grumpy • Mr. Nosey • Mr. Scatterbrain • Mr. Happy • Mr. Bump • Mr. Rude • Little Miss Whoops • Mr. Noisy • Little Miss Calamity (Season 1 Only) • Little Miss Daredevil • Mr. Strong • Mr. Tickle