4 February 2008
"This (noun) is cheap!"
- Mr. Stubborn's catchphrase
Mr. Stubborn is a new Mr. Men created for The Mr. Men Show as a counterpart to the books' Little Miss Stubborn. He is voiced by stand-up comedian Godfrey in the US version, and Lewis MacLeod in the UK and Australia version.
- Colour: Purple
- Shape: Oval
- Personality: Stubborn, Bossy, Arrogant, Deceitful, Selfish, Pompous, Disrespectful
- Lives: Dillydale
- Friends: Mr. Messy (sometimes), Little Miss Daredevil (sometimes), Mr. Quiet (sometimes), Mr. Nosey (sometimes), Mr. Small (sometimes), Mr. Happy (sometimes) and Little Miss Sunshine (sometimes), Mr. Bump (sometimes).
- Rivals: Mr. Quiet (sometimes), Mr. Bump (sometimes), Mr. Grumpy, Little Miss Calamity, Little Miss Scary, Mr. Fussy, Mr. Rude, Little Miss Helpful, Little Miss Magic, Mr. Noisy, Little Miss Chatterbox, Little Miss Giggles, Mr. Scatterbrain, Mr. Bounce, Mr. Tickle, Little Miss Whoops, Little Miss Naughty.
- Likes: Telling lies, his own different opinion, Beanburgers, Beanballs, assuming that other people are wrong, driving badly, candy (sweets in the UK version), winning games, ignoring people's advice and doing things his own way.
- Dislikes: Telling the truth, listening to other people especially when they try to give him good advice, being tickled by Mr. Tickle, being told what to do by other people, when cafés and restaurants don't sell any bean burgers and beanballs, not winning games, things that he breaks by touching them and calls them either cheap or fake, good advice, Mr. Bump's accidents, Little Miss Whoops' accidents, Little Miss Calamity's calamities, Little Miss Chatterbox's constant non-stop talking, Little Miss Naughty's pranks and Little Miss Bossy's bossy, selfish and arrogant behaviour.
- Jobs: Being a stubborn person because he never tell the truth and admits whether he is wrong about everything and anything, having his own different opinion and lying to everyone about everything and anything are wrong and different things, Steamroller Operator (in the episode, Jobs), Bus Driver (in the episode, Getting Around), Handyman (in the episode, Home Improvement) and a Secretary (in the episode Sneezes and Hiccups)
- Nationality: Scottish (UK) Nigerian (US)
- Catchphrase(s): "This/That/Your/My [noun] is/was CHEAP!", "This/That/Your/My [noun] is/was DEFINITELY CHEAP!", "This Website is CHEAP!" (on the website) "How many times do I have to tell you? I do not have termites!" (used in Bugs), There is no such thing as (mythical creature)!, "The (mythical creature) does not exist!" "We are not (doing something)!"
Mr. Stubborn is a purple oval-shaped Mr. Men with two black hairs, a unibrow, and a yellow triangle-shaped nose. He never listens to good advice and to prove it: he is always too stubborn to admit he was ever wrong and often assumes others are wrong, even when it is obvious that he is wrong. But if he finds out he's wrong, he still doesn't admit it. He misuses items and after they break, he thinks that they're cheap.
Mr. Stubborn is a bad character in the Mr. Men show. He is a stubborn and intolerant person who never adapts to any kinds of change whatsoever. By doing this, he will constantly annoy and antagonize other people and make them suffer his obnoxious behavior which can even sometimes lead to him being responsible for mass destruction and the pain of others. He has a catchphrase which he uses to call something cheap which he uses in almost all of his appearances. It will always be along the lines of "This _____ is cheap!" and the name of the thing he's calling cheap will always change depending on what he's talking about.
- First appearance: Boo Boos
- Personality: Stubborn, feisty, short-tempered, ill-tempered bossy, risk taking, disagreeable, dim-witted.
- He is one of two Mr. Men to be created after a Little Miss, the other being Mr. Scatterbrain.
- His persona mirrors that of Mr. No as they both disagree a lot and Mr. Stupid due to his low intellegence, such as when he tried to boil a cake rather than bake it.
- His biggest conflict is with Mr. Grumpy, secondly Mr. Rude, and thirdly Little Miss Whoops.
- He is the only one of the characters that doesn't care if Mr. Rude is acting rude and has bad manners but he seemed angry when Mr Rude farted in the episode Full Moon and Home Improvement.
- He has had mistakes concerning his hair:
- Miss Chatterbox has appeared in many scenes he appears in, all of which are a running gag.
- In the episode, Sneezes and Hiccups, when he is sick, his nose is pink instead of yellow and his two hairs are crooked.
- In the episode, Night, Mr. Stubborn turns into a werewolf at a full moon but in the episode Full Moon, he shows no sign of being a werewolf.
- One point in the episode Full Moon, Mr. Stubborn looked scared while the spaceship twisted and turned.
- He has a very strong sneeze and sneezed a whole building down in the episode, Sneezes & Hiccups. Perhaps his sneeze is even stronger than Mr. Sneeze's.
- He didn't appear in the episodes Physical, Hobbies, Clocks, Trees & Goo.
- In the episode, Games, he threw a bowling ball.
- Mr. Grumpy's conflict with him seems to be worse than his others.
- He can sometimes be annoying to Mr. Grumpy.
- He always speaks loud, but not as loud as Mr. Noisy because he doesn't have a megaphone.
- He's one of the many characters who don't care if Mr. Bump gets hurt.
- Mr. Stubborn is one Mr. Man who is seen with Mr. Bump (in the episode, Bad Weather) and with Mr. Nervous (in the episode, Gifts).
- His feet are the same size as Little Miss Sunshine's.
- In the episode, Ships and the episode, Boats, he is referred many times as Captain Stubborn.
- He smiles a lot on the website.
- He said "Your map is cheap!" twice. (In the episode Lake and in the episode Getting Around).
- He is dumber than Mr. Strong and Mr. Scatterbrain because he said that a tuba wasn't a musical instrument, even though there was no tuba on the board and a tuba is a musical instrument. (shown in the episode Game Shows).
- His ship, the SS Stubborn, has sunken twice, the first time in Boats and the second in Ships, with its sinking being investigated in Out to Sea.
- He has been seen with most of the characters with the exception of Miss Scary, Mr. Funny, Mr. Tall, Miss Bossy, Miss Magic, and Miss Curious who haven't been seen with him so far)
- He works as a PA in the episode Clean Teeth.
- In the episode Full Moon, he says fake instead of cheap.
- He had been on a picnic twice, both in bad weather (Mr. Bump in the episode Rainy Day at the park and in the episode Picnics with Mr. Fussy at the beach).
- He is selfish.
- He hates "cheap" things.
- He works as a secretary in the episode, Sneezes and Hiccups. (It is known because Miss Chatterbox said she had papers for him to sign).
- He is called Monsieur Têtu in France and Senhor Teimoso in Portugal.
- Mr. Stubborn voice is similar to Kofi pizza's from Steven Universe. That's because they share the same voice actor, Godfrey.
- See Counterparts Wiki.
|The Mr. Men Show Characters|
| Season 1 Characters|
Little Miss Sunshine • Little Miss Naughty • Little Miss Scary • Mr. Lazy • Mr. Nervous • Mr. Messy • Mr. Quiet • Mr. Stubborn • Little Miss Helpful • Mr. Bounce • Mr. Small • Little Miss Chatterbox • Mr. Per(s)nickety (Mr. Fussy in Season 2) • Mr. Grumpy • Mr. Nosey • Mr. Scatterbrain • Mr. Happy • Mr. Bump • Mr. Rude • Little Miss Whoops • Mr. Noisy • Little Miss Calamity (Season 1 Only) • Little Miss Daredevil • Mr. Strong • Mr. Tickle